Scientopia is going full STEAM ahead in teaching science, technology, engineering, arts, and math. Your classroom takes on a whole new dimension with hands-on, inquiry-based programs from Scientopia! Whether you have us in the regular classroom or after school, your students will gain insights and experiences to boost their knowledge, capture their imaginations and inspire innovation.
- Hands-on science experiments aligned with Next Generation Science Standards to complement lessons in the classroom.
- Mindfulness in the classroom
- Set up a night for families to explore science together! We will provide science stations and staff to help it run smoothly.
Elementary School After School Programs:
- Earth Science
- Forensic Science
- Computer Skills
- Robotics (with programming)
- LEGO Club
- Tinker Lab
- Engineering Design
- Live Action Role Play (LARP, e.g. Greek myths)
- Optical Illusions
- Abacus Math
- Math is Fun Club
- Financial Literacy
- Brain Games
- Science Fair Support
Middle School After School Programs:
- Science behind the scenes: Discover the science behind your favorite shows, movies, and rides
- Forensic science: Learn about crime scenes, physical evidence, arson investigation, and more
- Coding with Tynker: build a projectile physics based game with explosions, an adventure game and other mini-games
- Go Fish: Use principles of biomechanical engineering to design models of prosthetics for elephants, eagles, and fish
- Plants to Plastics: Students will investigate the problems of traditional plastics and engineer bioplastics using chemical engineering
- LARP: Interactive role playing in which students portray characters in a story-line with a theme such as Greek mythology, fantasy, or science fiction
- Optical Illusions: Students will use color, light, and patterns to create images that can deceive our brains
- Noble numbers and fun figures: Math can be fun and we can prove it!
- Financial literacy: Practical money skills for middle schoolers